THE EUROPEAN ECOLABEL, WHAT IS IT?
This is a label created in 2005 which certifies products and services resulting from an environmental approach.
You may have seen its logo on certain household products or hygiene products, know that it also certifies services and in particular campsites!
Indeed, the Ecolabel highlights tourist accommodation committed to an approach to protecting the environment and therefore the health of its users as well as that of its employees.
This label includes 67 criteria, including 22 mandatory and eliminatory, listed in specifications common to all countries of the European Union.
It is also the only official European eco-label that can be used in all member countries.
In France, it is AFNOR Certification, an independent body, which issues this certification by first checking the compliance of the structure’s application file with the required criteria, then through an on-site audit.
A follow-up audit then takes place every 2 years in order to be able to renew the certification.
THE EUROPEAN ECOLABEL AT THE CAMPING **** DU LAC DE SAINT-CYR
The desire to apply the European Ecolabel in our campsite is part of the continuity of the commitments and actions carried out by SAGA, our company, on the sites for which it is responsible.
At Camping du Lac de Saint-Cyr, the first campsite to have obtained Ecolabel certification in Vienne, we are committed to implementing a number of practices and actions that help protect the environment.
In a process of improvement, we are committed to continuing our efforts in this direction. Naturally, during your stay, we encourage you to accompany us in this process.
Here are the main commitments put in place today:
- Reduce our waste by sorting and encourage our customers to do the same
- Use Ecolabel certified environmentally friendly products
- Reduce our water and energy consumption through regular monitoring, and use renewable energy sources thanks to the solar panels installed on our two toilet blocks
- Educate our holidaymakers during their stay, as well as our staff
- Use quality materials such as wood for our buildings and accommodations to reduce the use of petroleum products.
Your involvement in this process is as important as our commitment, your active participation is therefore welcome during your stay and we would be delighted to share our commitments with you.